Vince Colosimo was fired from “Celebrity Apprentice” on Sunday night as the actor faced jail for drug-driving charges.
The Wog Boy actor, 55, became the fifth star to be kicked out of a reality TV series by Lord Alan Sugar and said he was “really disappointed” not to go further.
“I learned that being who you are, being honest, being authentic is the best asset,” he told Nine’s experience.
Vince Colosimo (pictured) was fired from his celebrity apprentice Sunday night as the actor faces jail for drug-driving charges
Before he was fired, he was a project manager on a 60-second live TV show that Sugar described as “a disaster.”
The Underbelly star has been warned of “imminent jail time” after a recent court appearance in Paris over Melbourne.
Colosimo had hoped to plead guilty to drug driving and put the matter on hold until he returned to Melbourne.
He has a good life in Europe with his on-and-off girlfriend Sabella Sugar, who recently attended the Cannes Film Festival.
Vince was the project manager for a 60-second live TV show that Sugar described as “a disaster” before he was fired
Colosimo (third from left pictured with his celebrity apprentice Australian actor)
Colosimo called off his recent court date in Melbourne while on holiday with girlfriend Sabella Sugar (left) after filming
Colosimo (pictured at the 2018 Melbourne Cup event) was allegedly impounded in his car after he was pulled over by police for drug use in St Kilda last April
A few days ago, Sugar posted on Instagram of their selfie in front of the Eiffel Tower and the Arc de Triomphe in Paris.
On Friday, Colosimo’s lawyer, George Vassis, hoped to quickly take up the matter in the Melbourne Magistrates’ Court in the absence of his client.
In an unusual move, Mr Vassis tried to persuade judicial registrar Leah Hickey to take care of the matter himself.
In Victoria, the Registrar of Justice has the power to adjudicate in minor matters.
“I spoke to my client last night. He was overseas and returning to Australia soon,” Mr Vassis advised.
“I was going to come up and ask your lord to apply for an adjournment because he is abroad and will be back in the foreseeable future, but I just wanted to know if your lord is ready to deal with today’s affairs in his absence?
For a moment, the strategy seemed to be working, and Ms. Hickey announced that she would fix the problem.
Colosimo and his girlfriend Sabella Sugar have been admiring the view of Paris when they were supposed to be in court in Melbourne
Colosimo, pictured leaving court in 2017, was previously told by a magistrate that “things will not be good if he returns to court on a driving charge”
Appalled by the prospect, prosecutor Bianca Moretta asked a magistrate to take over the job.
‘I do disagree with that. This really should have been heard in the presence of the accused,” she said.
In April last year, Colosimo was charged with driving without a license and driving under the influence.
Members of the Prahran Highway Patrol stopped his car on St Kilda Road, St Kilda, at about 2.30pm on Saturday, April 3.
“His car was impounded on the spot.
Colosimo is no stranger to Melbourne courts.
His previous violations of the law over his driving record began in 2014, when he was caught with a suspended driver’s license and fined $1,000 without conviction.
Two years later, in 2016, he was pulled over for having a small amount of poisonous ice in his car.
Later that year, the actor was fined $3,500 for driving under the same drug while his license was suspended.he is A magistrate threatened jail, warning: “If you come back here a fourth time, it won’t be good.”
On Friday, Ms Moretta reminded the court of Colosimo’s criminal history.
She said the defendants did have relevant priors and were sentenced to prison terms.
“I didn’t know the accused would not be there today.”
COLOSIMO’s prison warning ignored
In 2017, Magistrate David Starvaggi told Colosimo that he should not be on the road and that driving under the influence of drugs was a fundamental problem “even a kindergartener would understand”.
“You’re making a nice little history for yourself here,” he said.
“You risk being jailed…if you come back here for the fourth time, it won’t be good.”
Colosimo has pleaded guilty to drug driving and driving without a license – the same charges he now faces.
He was fined $3,500 and had his driver’s license suspended for five months.
This time, he may not be so lucky.
Ms Hickey immediately postponed the matter to July, hoping Colosimo’s jet would appear in court.
If he fails to do so, an arrest warrant may be issued.
Mr Vassis said he was “a little surprised” by the prosecutor’s view on the matter and agreed to adjourn the matter.
“His history is very limited, my lord, and I’m not going to continue it anyway,” he said. “I just thought it might have been more convenient for me to deal here (in court) … that would have been my preference.”
Mr Vassis said Colosimo intended to plead guilty to the charges upon his return to Melbourne.
One of Australia’s most recognised actors, Colosimo starred alongside Hollywood heavyweight Leonardo DiCaprio in the 2008 film “Body of Lies” before encountering tough times.
Over the next few years, Colosimo worked hard to rebuild his career, most recently with roles in the 2018 film The Second and the popular TV series, Doctor, Doctor.
Colosimo has just filmed a new chapter in The Wog Boys film series, and filmed The Girl In The Window, which will hit the big screens around the world this year.
Colosimo (pictured at the Australian Open on January 20) was allegedly caught driving under drugs and driving without a license