Meghan Markle’s estranged father Thomas wrote a private message to the Queen after a stroke that left him unable to speak.
Meghan Markle’s father was released from hospital five days after suffering a stroke, and the Duchess of Sussex reportedly tried to contact him to end their four-year feud.
Retired Hollywood lights director Thomas Markle, 77, fell ill in Mexico last Monday night and was taken to hospital by emergency ambulance. sun report.
He is said to have lost his speech following the incident – after he had already suffered a health scare last week, sources have told sun. After being discharged from hospital today, he told mail on sunday: “I am so grateful and know how lucky I am to be alive.
“I want to thank everyone, especially the wonderful doctors and nurses who saved my life. They are angels.
“I was deeply moved by messages of love from all over the world. People have always been kind.
“I can’t speak right now, but I’m working hard and will thank people appropriately when possible.”
Mr Markle had planned to fly to the UK this week to celebrate next weekend’s Platinum Jubilee – but a stroke ruined the trip.
The source said he was so ill that he could only communicate by scribbling messages on a piece of paper.
Using a felt-tip pen, he wrote on a whiteboard: “I want to come and pay my respects to the Queen. I wish her a Happy Jubilee and many more years to come.”
The severe stroke was caused by a blood clot on the right side of Mr Markle’s brain.
Meghan, 40, has now been contacted at her father’s camp after being released from hospital, according to reports.
An insider told sunday mirror: “Despite their estrangement, Meghan is worried.
“She wanted to know if there was any way to contact her father privately without the rest of the family knowing or having to get involved.”
Meghan is said to be concerned that contacting her dad will mean having to speak to her half-siblings, little Thomas and Samantha, 55.
The source said: “Meghan was unable to contact her half-siblings because she believed they had their own agenda.
“If she can get in touch with their father, she wants complete secrecy. It won’t involve Netflix, it won’t involve any photos, it won’t involve giving any clues to the paparazzi.”
The health scare comes after Thomas warned in a harrowing High Court privacy case that he was unwell he could “die tomorrow”.
In a letter Meghan initiated over the “personal and personal” letter, he revealed he was “clinically obese”, had “heart and lung problems” and was taking blood thinners that affected his breathing.
Meghan’s father is known to have missed her royal wedding four years ago after claiming he suffered a heart attack.
Meghan’s relationship with her father fell apart after she was photographed for paparazzi before her wedding in 2018.
Harry and Meghan have confirmed they will be attending the Queen’s party with three-year-old Archie and Lilibet, who celebrated her first birthday over the Platinum Jubilee Weekend.
They are thought to have lived in Frogmore Cottage at Windsor Castle.
Mr Markle has never met Harry and his grandchildren.
Meanwhile, the Queen, who has been suffering from mobility issues, vowed to make two appearances from the Buckingham Palace balcony on Thursday – the first day of her jubilee celebrations.
a source told mail on sunday: “The Queen is determined to take part in the Jubilee celebrations.
“This year’s festivities have been brought forward by a week and the Queen is desperate to be a part of it.”
The Queen has personally inspected the army every year during her reign – but this year she is scheduled to appear on the balcony of Buckingham Palace to be saluted as the guards return to their barracks.
Prince Charles will replace the Queen and inspect the army from horseback.
This article originally appeared on sun and reproduced here with permission.