Meghan Markle’s dad Thomas, 77, leaves hospital after stroke as Duchess ‘trying to reach out to end 4-year rift’

Meghan Markle’s father has reportedly been released from hospital five days after suffering a stroke, as the Duchess tries to contact him to end their four-year feud.

Retired Hollywood Lighting Director Thomas Markle77, sick in mexico He was taken to hospital by emergency ambulance on Monday night.

Thomas Markle discharged from hospital five days after stroke

3

Thomas Markle discharged from hospital five days after stroke
Meghan Markle and her father Thomas Markle

3

Meghan Markle and her father Thomas MarkleCredit: James Britton – Sun
The Duke and Duchess of Sussex at the Invictus Games in April

3

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex at the Invictus Games in AprilCredit: PA

It is said that he has Lost speech after the incident – This comes after he had already suffered a health scare last week, sources told The Sun.

After being discharged from hospital today, he said: “I am so grateful to know how lucky I am to be alive.

“I want to thank everyone, especially the wonderful doctors and nurses who saved my life. They are angels.

“I’ve been touched by messages of love from all over the world. People are so kind.

Meghan's 'secret' exposed in ex-husband's explosive new book 'Tell All'
Tom Ball reveals Thomas Markle fell a week before stroke

“I can’t speak right now, but I’m working hard and will thank people appropriately when possible.”

Mr Markle has been Plan to fly to the UK this week to celebrate next weekend’s Platinum Jubilee – But the stroke ruined the trip.

Friends said he was so ill that he could only communicate by scribbling messages on a piece of paper.

Using a felt-tip pen on a whiteboard, he wrote: “I want to pay my respects to the Queen. I wish her a happy Jubilee and many more years to come.”

The severe stroke was caused by a blood clot on the right side of Mr Markle’s brain, mail on sunday Report.

MeganHer father, 40, has now been contacted after being discharged from hospital, according to reports.

An insider told Mirror: “Despite their estrangement, Meghan is worried.

“She wanted to know if there was any way to contact her father privately without the rest of the family knowing or having to get involved.”

Meghan is said to be concerned that contacting her dad will mean having to speak to her half-siblings, little Thomas and Samantha, 55.

The source said: “Meghan was unable to contact her half-siblings because she believed they had their own agenda.

“If she could contact their father, she wanted it to be completely private. It wouldn’t involve Netflix, it wouldn’t involve any photos, it couldn’t involve giving any clues to the paparazzi.”

The health scare comes after Thomas warned in a harrowing High Court privacy case that he was unwell he could “die tomorrow”.

In a letter Meghan initiated over the “personal and personal” letter, he revealed he was “clinically obese”, had “heart and lung problems” and was taking blood thinners that affected his breathing.

Meghan’s dad is known to have missed their wedding four years ago after claiming he suffered a heart attack.

Meghan’s relationship with her father fell apart after she was photographed for paparazzi before her wedding in 2018.

Harry and Meghan have confirmed they will be attending the Queen’s party with 3-year-old Archie and Lilibet, who celebrated her first birthday over Platinum Jubilee Weekend.

They are thought to have lived in Frogmore Cottage at Windsor Castle.

Mr Markle has never met Harry or his grandchildren.

Meanwhile, the Queen, who has been suffering from mobility issues, vowed to make two appearances on the balcony of Buckingham Palace on Thursday – the first day of her jubilee celebrations.

a source told mail on sunday: “The Queen is determined to take part in the Jubilee celebrations.

“This year’s festivities have been brought forward by a week and the Queen is desperate to be a part of it.”

The Queen has personally inspected the army every year during her reign – but this year she is scheduled to appear on the balcony of Buckingham Palace to be saluted as the guards return to their barracks.

Prince Charles will replace the Queen and inspect the army from horseback.